When it comes to getting success on organic search results, you need to make sure that you stick with the best SEO practices. And the best SEO practices essentially involve on-page and off-page SEO methods.
However, people have believed until recently that only off-page SEO is more than enough to bring traffic to the website. But the matter of fact is that only the backlinks cannot do any good if on-page SEO of your website is not up to the mark. This is the reason that smart people prioritize on-page SEO before anything else. And with the ever-changing landscape of SEO, it has become more important to make sure that the on-page SEO strategy you are working on is up-to-date.
What is on-page SEO?
On-page SEO basically refers to the set of practices related to modification of web pages in order to improve their ranking in search results. Content is very important in this regard but on-page SEO involves optimization of heading, titles, HTML tags and image attributes. This optimization makes the content on the web pages visible to search engines.
Importance of on-page SEO
On-page SEO is referred to the process of making search engines understand your website and its content. Moreover, this procedure helps search engines understand the type of search queries your website needs to be shown against.
And since search engines have become more complicated and sophisticated, great focus is surely towards relevance and semantics in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Now, we are going to discuss the factors that you need to work on in order to improve on-page SEO.
- The first thing to talk about is the E.A.T, which stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. In short, this framework allows Google raters to assess content creators, webpages and entire websites. The main purpose of this framework is to make sure that the users and visitors get to see the best quality content from trustable sources.
- Title tag is the HTML section which exists in every webpage. This section provides a basic overview about the content. And it is important to note that this title appears in the search results. If title tag is not properly written, it can negatively impact overall SEO.
- Meta description is an important feature since the very start of SEO. This description appears in the search results right underneath the title and it provides basic information regarding what the webpage or website is about.
- Content in the page is one of the most important things that you have to take into consideration. And you have to make sure that you have done good SEO writing in this regard. The content you write should invite attention from search engines as well as from the audience.
- In today’s world’s SEO, it has become very important for the marketers to fully involve their audiences. SEO is no different in this regard. While you may think of SEO as a procedure to ensure ranking in search engines, you have to keep it in mind that search engines have become smart enough to look at what end users would want. This is the reason that user engagement is one of the most important factors to take care of.